Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves.
Rainer Maria Rilke
Hi, my name is Mordecai Cohen Ettinger. I’ve spent the last 20 years assembling an eclectic and trans-disciplinary toolkit to meet people’s diverse and complex needs for addressing and transforming trauma and chronic health conditions.
I work with activists and organizers, artists, other healthcare professionals and healers, and socially conscious entrepreneurs. You can read my bio here.
If you see your healing process as:
- a path to transformation to help you to best serve justice and give your gifts to the world — even if this involves embracing doing less and being more
- an adventure in understanding your inner world
- or, a journey of self-mastery and alchemy;
I can hold a container for you, offering my witness, compassion, wisdom and expertise in a manner which is for me a sacred gift and honor.
To schedule a session or a complimentary 20 minute consult:
My work integrates:
- my scholarship and teaching in critical science, technology and medicine studies, with an emphasis in the neurobiology of the social nervous system and in understanding, addressing and transforming trauma from a lens of intersectional social justice that honors the relevance of unredressed historical and intergenerational trauma
- the study and practice of multiple integrative health modalities including Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing, Reiki, Cranial Sacral Therapy and Theta Healing, and;
- medical research and advocacy based in over 10 years of working in a radical mental health agency dedicated to serving people who lived on the street and over 20 years experience working with community-based projects and social justice organizations
My Offerings include:
- Somatic counseling and education: embodied and experiential learning tailored to your individual needs integrating teachings on the neurobiology of the social nervous system, interpersonal neurobiology and trauma literacy to support your resilience, self-understanding, growth and transformation. My primary somatic practice is Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing with whom I studied.
- Energy Medicine + Body Work: Theta Healing, Reiki, and Cranial Sacral Therapy.
- Medical Research + Advocacy: Support, consultation, and coaching on managing chronic illness and/or disability using an access-centered empowering approach influenced by the principles and practices of disability and health justice.
Sessions are $100 – $150 sliding scale. Remote via phone or Zoom and in-person sessions are available in a fragrance-free environment.
Not sure if working with me is right for you? Take this 30 second survey to explore more.
Next Session August 24th!
My fragrance-free office is located in the Dimond District of Oakland, 1.75 miles from Fruitvale Bart. Bus Lines X and Y stop 1-2 blocks from my office and for those that drive there is easy street parking. My office has one small step for entry and is not wheelchair accessible at this time. Video chat and phone sessions are available to meet people’s diverse access needs.